International Family Law & Divorce
OUR INTERNATIONAL FAMILY LAW TEAM
Our experienced team of lawyers will represent and defend you in a wide range of international family law problems.
Usually quite complex by nature, international family law situations call for a robust level of attentiveness and combativeness.
That’s one of the reasons our family law team now comprise more than 30 lawyers in Quebec—because our clients trust us and feel confident that we’re doing everything in our power to win their case.
You’re looking for help with the following and need to be defended:
- Application for permission to travel abroad with a child
- Application for permission to relocate abroad with a child
- Child abduction application
- Application to have a child returned to Quebec
- Request to apply foreign matrimonial rules and regimes in the case of a marriage or divorce in Quebec
- Application for enforcement and recognition of foreign judgments in Quebec
- Jurisdictional issues such as territorial authority, jurisdictional disputes or litispendance
- Request to collaborate with foreign lawyers in the application of Quebec family law
Does your legal problem match any of the above situations? Don’t hesitate to contact us today!
We can represent you if you’re currently in Quebec or abroad, on condition that you have a claim that can be made in Quebec or you’re looking to contest the Quebec court’s jurisdiction.
If you’ve already initiated proceedings abroad, we will only be able to intervene as a Quebec Legal Advisor.
(Phone, videoconference, or in-person)
Our Lawyers are seen on the news regularly
OUR LAWYERS ARE AVAILABLE TO SPEAK WITH YOU ON SHORT NOTICE
Jessica Dekhter is a senior lawyer who practices in family law. We first got to know her as opposing counsel in Court—one of those lawyers who arrives in Court prepared…