Mandy Alessandrini has fought for over 20 years, in court or out of court, to ensure that her clients get all of what they are entitled to. She became the go-to person in the field of civil law and family law. This is why we entrust her with our most complex civil or commercial litigation cases, our arduous child custody cases and our very contentious divorce cases. Professionalism, intellectual rigor and combativity are the qualities that best define her.
Before joining Devichy, Ms. Alessandrini was part of the litigation group at the Lavery law firm, one of the largest in Quebec. She previously worked as a lawyer for the Attorney General of Quebec’s litigation section. Ms. Alessandrini was in private practice for many years acting as counsel, co-counsel as well as mediator; her practice covered family law and contract law. She also conducted mandates with Revenue Quebec for the reform and implementation of the Unclaimed Property Act.
She was a Law Clerk at the Quebec Court of Appeal and Coordinator of one of the leading legal research centers in Canada (Centre de recherche en droit public – CRDP) at the Université de Montréal.
She holds a Master of Laws degree from McGill University’s Institute of comparative law and was a doctoral candidate in law at the Université de Montréal. Her graduate studies were devoted to both the civil and the common law focusing on remedies, contracts and torts. Mandy Alessandrini is also an accredited mediator in family, civil, commercial and labour mediation.
Now at the pinnacle of the profession, Ms. Alessandrini acts as a mentor for our junior lawyers in many cases.
- Civil and Commercial mediation training, Barreau du Québec, 2016
- Family mediation training, Barreau du Québec, 2014-2015
- Doctoral candidate in law, Université de Montréal, 2004-2013
- Master of Laws degree (with honourable mention), McGill University, 2004
- LL.B., Université du Québec à Montréal, 1997
- Law Certificate, Université de Montréal, 1994
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- The Law Society of Upper Canada (occasional practice permit for 2017 – 2020)
- Association des avocats et avocates en droit familial du Québec (AAADFQ), since 2013